se | en | de

General conditions for rental of cottages

adopted by the Swedish Society of Tourism on May 29, 1990 after consultation with the Consumer Agency.

In parentheses, the maximum deadlines and amounts are agreed.

Norraryds Camping is the responsible tenant

As a landlord, we have met the requirements of the Swedish Consumer Agency:

• send a written confirmation of the booking.
• Indicate where the key can be retrieved in good time.
• The accommodation corresponds to the description
• Inform about significant changes regarding the booking.
• indicate how to allocate the accommodation date of arrival and departure date

When is a booking binding?

Booking is binding as soon as the tenant has paid the registration fee or the entire rental fee.


When will the booking be paid?

If booking takes place earlier than 30 days (max 60 days), the registration fee (at least 500 SEK / week, however, does not exceed 20% of the rent).
The registration fee will be paid within 10 days. It will be deducted from the rent. The remainder of the rent must be paid no later than 60 days before the agreed date of arrival.

If booking is made later than [max 60] days in advance, the entire rent must be paid [at the earliest within 10 days, but no later than [the day before the day of arrival].

If you have booked for a longer period than 30 days, you do not have to pay the following 30-day periods until the last banking day before the start of each new 30-day period.


What happens if you do not pay on time?

If the registration fee is not paid on time, you can delete the booking.
If you fail to pay the rent, it is considered a cancellation and then the rules for cancellation apply.


What about cancellation?

Cancellations can be made orally or in writing to the responsible tenant or to the place that received the reservation. The cancellation is not counted if it is made to someone else or sent to the cottage / apartment. The lessor is required to confirm cancellation in writing.

If cancellation takes place earlier than [maximum 40] days prior to the date of arrival, you do not have to pay more than an expense fee of [maximum 500].

If cancellation is made [no later than 40 days or later before the agreed arrival date, you must pay [maximum 90%] of the rent.

If the tenant has already paid more than he / she is required to pay, the lessee must immediately repay the difference.

If the cottage / apartment is managed to be rented to another, an amount corresponding to the new tenant's rent will be refunded, less an expense fee of [maximum 500].

If you cancel earlier than 60 days before arrival, you only have to pay a handling fee of 500 SEK and possibly the booking fee.

If the booking is canceled 60 - 30 days prior to arrival, 25% of the total rent must be paid.

If the booking is canceled 29 - 12 days prior to arrival, 50% of the total rent must be paid.

If the booking is canceled 11 - 2 days prior to arrival, 90% of the total rent must be paid.

If the booking is canceled 1 - 0 days before arrival, 100% of the total rent must be paid.

Is there cancellation protection?

We offer that you can buy a cancellation insurance of SEK 295

The cancellation protection applies in the following cases and may not have been known at the time of booking:

(a) serious death, illness or accident involving the tenant himself, spouse, cohabitant, family or fellow national,

b) Enforcement to the armed forces or civil defense,

c) another serious event occurs outside the tenant's control which could not be foreseen when booking and which makes it unreasonable to ask for the booking to be fixed, for example extensive fire or flooding in the home.

The tenant must be able to prove his obstacles with certificates from eg. doctor, authority or insurance company. The certificate should be sent to the landlord as soon as possible, preferably within one week of the cancellation date.


What is the tenant for rights?

Ifthe landlord does not provide the cottage / apartment in promisedcondition or at the right time and is unable to offer another cottage /apartment whose differences to the person booked are so small that theyare of no significance, you are entitled to terminate the rentalagreement. The lessor must then repay all that has been paid and replace thetenant for proven and reasonable costs, less the benefit the tenant mayhave had of the cottage / apartment.

Instead of terminating the lease, you can request or offer a reduction of the rent.

If the tenant has complaints, they should be brought to the lessee as soon as possible, preferably within 1 hour of check-in. Errors that occur during the stay should be notified immediately, so that the landlord gets a chance to correct it. Damage caused by the guest will be charged with the new purchase value, or the repair cost.

The tenant is entitled toput someone else in his place and the landlord must accept that personif there are no special reasons to refuse. In such case, this must be communicated before the day of entry and a rebook fee of {maximum 200 kronor can be withdrawn}.

What does the tenant have for obligations?

The tenant must carefully care the cottage / apartment and comply with the rules, rules and regulations that apply. Thetenant is responsible for all damage caused to the property and itsinventory by the tenant or someone in the tenant's company beingnegligent. Damage caused by the guest will be charged with the new purchase value, or the repair cost.

The tenant may not use thecottage / apartment for anything other than agreed upon at the time ofbooking (usually for leisure purposes) and may not allow more people tostay in the cottage / apartment or on the plot than stated at the timeof booking.

The tenant must clean properly before departure. If this is missed, the landlord will charge a cleaning fee of SEK 500.


War, natural disasters, strikes, etc.:

Both tenants and tenants have the right to withdraw from the lease if the cottage / apartment can not be provided due to acts of war, natural disasters, labor disputes, further disruption of water or energy supply, fire or other similar major events that neither tenant nor tenant could predict or influence . In this case, the lessor is obliged to pay back as soon as possible what has been paid, less the benefit of the tenant enjoyed by the cottage / apartment.


What happens if the landlord or tenant does not agree?

As a tenant, you primarily deal directly with the lessor with any complaints. The possibilities of rectification decrease the longer it is time to complain.

If you do not agree and the landlord is a private person, turn to court.

If you do not agree and the landlord is a company, you can contact the General Complaints Board ( It consists of an impartial chairman and a number of representatives of tour operators and consumers.
The consumer counselor in your home municipality can help you.

The address is:
General Complaints Board
Box 174
101 23 Stockholm